Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
If your home or business suffers a water damage event it’s important that you don’t panic. The event has already happened and the damage has already occurred. The goal at this moment is to limit further damage and to respond immediately.
SERVPRO is the leading industry professional when it comes to water damage restoration services. This is what that means for you: Residential and commercial properties in the greater Renton area, including Newcastle, East Renton Highlands, Cedar Grove, Kennydale, Elliot and Coalfield are in good hands.
Below are some tips about steps to take after suffering commercial or residential water damage.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (425) 255-2227
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.