Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
A Few Do's and Don'ts
If your home or business suffers water damage, it’s important that you don’t panic. The event has already happened and the damage has already occurred. The goal at this moment is to limit further damage and to respond immediately.
SERVPRO is the leading industry professional when it comes to water damage restoration services. We are here to help you 24/7/365. Our team at SERVPRO of Renton has trained specialists ready to help you restore your home or business.
Below are some tips about steps to take after suffering commercial or residential water damage.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (425) 255-2227
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.